Help! How To Treat Hormonal Acne & Stop Breakouts!
10 Best Acne Treatments For A Beautiful Clear Face
This morning you yelled at the cat for no reason, you flipped the bird to the guy who cut you off at lunch and now your boss is asking you to stay late and you have no one to pick up the kids! Help! Yes, you life is stressful like most of us, but in addition to a stressful ike, are you stressed because of hormonal acne too? These are signs you are totally stressed! What could be even more stressful is dealing with hormonal acne. Though acne is often associated with teenagers, any one any age can be afflicted by it and getting rid of it can be extremely complicated. Learning what hormonal acne is and what you can do to get rid of it naturally is an important if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals or deal with dangerous side effects from medications. With just a few additions to your diet and skin care regime; you can be on your way to leaning how to treat hormonal acne & stop breakouts.
IS THERE A HORMONAL ACNE CURE?
Your primary doctor may recommend you see a specialist in endocrinology that will provide testing for abnormal hormone levels. If you know for sure you have hormonal acne, here are a few natural remedies that have shown to work. But first, learn more about hormonal acne and if you have it.
What is hormonal acne?
Hormonal acne is acne that has root causes stemming from hormones related to menstruation, polycystic ovarian syndrome, menopause, or increased androgen (male hormones like testosterone) levels. Symptoms include blackheads, white heads or underlying cysts underneath the skin located in the T-Zone if you are in your teens or around your chin if you are an adult.
What causes hormonal imbalances?
- Emotional and physical stress, this can create adrenal stress and elevate cortisol levels.
- Genetics: some women unfortunately were born this way
- Taking birth control pills and other contraceptive can disrupt natural hormones
- Certain medications and even taking the wrong supplements
- Environmental synthetic hormones or even xenoestrogens found in plastic
- Unhealthy food choices
- Toxins and chemicals in foods we consume
- Health conditions such hypothyroidism, PCOS etc.
Internal Treatments – From The Inside Out
Make Food Thy Medicine
Eat a diet rich in alkaline foods like green vegetables, fruit, and nuts and seeds. Make sure you get enough protein in your diet. You skin needs protein to build new skin cells. Choose lean proteins like fish or non-gmo whey or plant based protein powders are great choices for smoothies. Taking fish oil which is loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids, has a multitude of benefits including reducing inflammation. If you are allergic to fish or shellfish, adding flaxseed and chia seeds to your foods will provide similar omega 3s. The American diet consists of too many carbs from grains resulting in an excess of omega 6s and 9s, which can cause illness, disease and skin problems.
Become A Water Goddess!
Drink plenty of fresh water. You can add alkaline citrus fruits like lemon or lime wedges to your water, which provides antioxidants and helps to release toxin. You can develop when your body is full of toxins and vulnerable to inflammation. Water helps flush those toxins and other waste materials out of your body, contributing to healthier, clearer skin. Water is also good for overall health, as it assists with blood circulation, digestion, and absorption of nutrients, elimination and excretion of waste. Water helps transport nutrients to all parts of your body. You need to drink a sufficient quantity of water. Women should drink 2.7 liters per day. For men, 3.7 liters a day is sufficient.
Take Ayurvedic Herbs Like The Ancients
Ayurveda is an ancient herbal medical system from India. It is a system of holistic health practices such as yoga, correct breathing, eating healthy, and incorporating the right herbal supplements to bring the body back to balance. The following are are 5 Ayurvedic herbs that have been used for centuries to help women with hormonal imbalances.
Neem – Neem has been used as a medicine for over 5,000 years. It’s an evergreen tree that is found throughout India and has many healing powers, including strengthening the immune system and helping to heal acne. Because Neem is a blood purifier and detoxifier, it works well to cleanse your system, and your skin. It’s also antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, and reduces inflammation, so it’s perfect for pimples that don’t seem to go away. It can be taken in pill form twice daily.
Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha can correct your hormonal imbalance, calm your skin, and reduce acne. Plus it’s also great for stress reduction! Otherwise known as Indian ginseng, it’s an adaptogen that acts as an overall health tonic, but it’s great for acne because it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and aids in wound healing. If you have been trying to dry your skin out, Ashwagandha could also help you combat dryness because it´s moisturizing. Why not try taking Ashwagandha orally? It will help with your skin, and your overall health and stress levels, too. Always follow the recommended dosage for best results.
Moringa – Moringa is a super skin nutrient. It´s full of protein and vitamins A, C and E, beta-carotene, and phenolics. The ancient Egyptians have also used this Ayurvedic herb. They would place vases of valuable Moringa oil in their tombs. The oil is said to clear acne-prone skin, firm, promote elasticity, reduce pore size, and boost radiance when applied topically. Moringa also helps with wound healing, and it’s an anti-fungal and antibacterial. This hydrating, detoxifying powerhouse should certainly be featured in your daily nutritional and facial routine if you’re looking for clearer skin. Moringa leaves are added to many cosmetics. If you’d like to make a purifying mask, find some Moringa powder and mix it with a little organic rose water to make a paste. Apply and leave it on your skin for 5 minutes, then wash it off with warm water. Try this once per week before bed.
Shatavari – Shatavari is the main Ayurvedic rejuvenating female tonic, It´s a wide form of asparagus that has been used for thousands of years by women of all ages. It offers soothing, restorative relief from PMS, menstrual, and menopausal imbalances, scientific studies show that it has been used effectively to reduce premenstrual syndrome, which is a great benefit for anyone with hormone-related acne – plus the headaches, bloating, tender breasts and other symptoms associated with PMS. Shatavari root comes as an organic powder and in capsules. Add it to your acne arsenal for perfectly balanced hormones.
Kutki – Kutki is another bitter tonic herb recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners in the treatment of acne. It’s known for its liver detoxifying properties. It’s a pitta pacifier, so it’s cooling and cleansing, which is great news for the hot, red, inflammatory nature of pimply skin. For clearer skin, you can take ½ teaspoon of it with 172-degree cup of hot water before breakfast every morning. It’s also synergistic with turmeric, and a 1:1 ratio of each herb works well. If you can’t stand the flavor, add a little honey to touch up the taste. Although kutki and its compounds are already being used in medical industry. Keep in mind that it is an endangered herb, so support organic sources and use it sparingly. It can be sourced through Ayurvedic doctors and supply stores.
Listen To Your Gut! Take Probiotics
Your digestive system including your intestines, are a huge part of your immune system. Your digestive system needs a balance of good and bad bacteria in order for you to be healthy. When ‘gut’ bacteria is not in balance (too much bad bacteria vs good bacteria) health problems including skin problems and result. Here are reasons why you may consider taking a probiotic supplement:
- Probiotics reduce systemic markers of inflammation and oxidative stress (from heavy smoking, for example, in one study)
- Probiotics reduce T-cell-mediated skin inflammation
- Probiotics reduce levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), a hormone-like substance that drives acne. If produced in excess, it increases inflammation as well as sebum production
- Probiotics mitigate food allergies (which can lead to acne)
- Probiotics help us absorb skin-essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Probiotics strengthen immunity against both gut-harming and skin-harming pathogens
- Probiotics increase water absorption and intestinal motility
- Probiotics prevent (andrepair damage from) intestinal permeability, a.k.a. leaky gut syndrome.
- Probiotics reduce chronic psychological stressand mitigate the damage caused by chronic stress (Psychological stress, of course, is a known trigger for skin diseases of every variety.)
- Probiotics help regulate glycemic levels, which, when they’re out of whack, contribute to acne. Probiotics reduce total acne lesions after only weeks of treatment
Create A Green Tea Drinking Ritual Like The Geishas
Green tea can have amazing effects on your skin if you drink at least 1 cup a day. In fact, scientific research shows that drinking green tea helps reduce inflammation in the skin, which is well known for causing acne and that is because the green tea’s powerful antioxidants are between 25 to 100 times more potent compared to Vitamin C. in addition to that, green tea is also great for reducing insulin levels (therefore reducing the amount of sebum your skin produces) and for fighting acne caused by hormonal imbalances.
External Treatments – From The Outside In
Use Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. When used properly, Tea Tree Oil can be a fantastic spot treatment that speeds up the healing of blemishes and pimples, but I would only use it where it needs to be used, and never on your entire face. To ensure that you are using Tea Tree Oil properly, and getting all the pimple vanishing benefits from it, here are tips on how to use it topically:
- Only use it as a spot treatment (can be used neat or diluted)
- Use it at the end of your skin care routine after you’ve cleansed and moisturized your face (this will prevent spreading the Tea Tree Oil to other parts of your face)
- Put 1-2 drops of Tea Tree Oil in the palm of your hand, and using your ring finger, gently dab it only your pimples. Don’t rub, just dab. Allow it to absorb into your skin, and don’t touch your face
- ONLY use it at night (I wouldn’t use undiluted essential oils on your skin during the day, you don’t want to risk sun damage or photosensitivity)
- Use only once at night, preferably every other night (some people can tolerate using it every night, but most people are better off using it every other night to avoid any sensitivity or drying out your skin)
Use Green Tea Topically
Because hormonal acne can be painful, green tea, due to it’s inflammatory properties can help reduce pain, irritation and get to the root of the cause of inflammation. Cysts for example, are deep below the skin with no sign of pus coming to the top of the bump. Cysts are filled with sebum that has accumulated over day and weeks. Seeing a dermatologist or esthetician is recommended.
Topically– You can use the brewed tea bags and apply them on your acne lesions. This will help reduce swelling and inflammation by removing toxins and bacteria from the acne lesions. Alternatively, you can even brew green tea leaves in fresh boiling water, steep them for at least 10 minutes then cool the mixture and apply it using Q-tips on the acne. Do this at least 3 times daily.
Green Tea Powder Mask – Another great way to help clear up acne with green tea, is to use an organic green tea powder like matcha green tea powder. It has 100x more antioxidants then regular green tea and properties to help with inflammation. To make a mask, take 1 tablespoon of match green tea and mix with small amounts of rose water, enough to make a smooth paste. Add a small amount of moringa oil for extra healing and for easy removal. Leave on your face 5-10 minutes, then wash your face with a gentle exfoliating face wash. Follow up with a toner.
Acupuncture is one of the many tools used by practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine to promote health and balance and treat sickness and disease, and is based on understanding that all illness is caused by imbalances of a person’s energy or lifestyle. Acupuncture uses needles placed in certain locations on the body to help release these blockages and energy in order to release a flow of good energy that will help improve and/or cure disease. It’s attempt is to try to find the cause
By targeting the underlying cause of why the patient’s body is producing acne, instead of just treating it topically, they can have more lasting results.
De-Stress You Life With Zen
Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines physical poses, controlled breathing, and meditation or relaxation. Yoga may help reduce stress, lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate. And almost anyone can do it.
Yoga — a mind-body practice — is considered one of many types of complementary and integrative health approaches. Yoga brings together physical and mental disciplines that may help you achieve peacefulness of body and mind. This can help you relax and manage stress and anxiety.
Yoga has many styles, forms and intensities. Hatha yoga, in particular, may be a good choice for stress management. Hatha is one of the most common styles of yoga, and beginners may like its slower pace and easier movements. But most people can benefit from any style of yoga — it’s all about your personal preferences.
The core components of hatha yoga and most general yoga classes are:
- Yoga poses, also called postures, are a series of movements designed to increase strength and flexibility. Poses range from lying on the floor while completely relaxed to difficult postures that may have you stretching your physical limits.
- Controlling your breathing is an important part of yoga. Yoga teaches that controlling your breathing can help you control your body and quiet your mind.
- Meditation or relaxation. In yoga, you may incorporate meditation or relaxation. Meditation may help you learn to be more mindful and aware of the present moment without judgment.
The health benefits of yoga
The potential health benefits of yoga include:
- Stress reduction.A number of studies have shown that yoga may help reduce stress and anxiety. It can also enhance your mood and overall sense of well-being.
- Improved fitness.Practicing yoga may lead to improved balance, flexibility, range of motion and strength.
- Management of chronic conditions.Yoga can help reduce risk factors for chronic diseases, such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Yoga might also help alleviate chronic conditions, such as depression, pain, anxiety and insomnia.
Create A Daily Skin Rejuvenation Regime Using Natural Organic Skincare Products
Taking measures to to optimize your success with ridding yourself of hormonal acne such as eating healthy (finding out what foods work better with your body and skin), exercising, drinking plenty of fresh lean water and taking supplements help greatly. Combining these solutions with proper exercise that eliminates stress (a BIG cause of all types of acne) and using natural organic skincare products with professional grade ingredients many of the ultra exclusive spas use is the key to having a clear blemish, pimple free face. Below describes each of Victoria’s Skin Tight Naturals Clarifying Series created with YOUR skin in mind. Choose one that fits your problem or choose all of them! It’s synergy that will accelerate your results!
Victoria’s Celebrity Advanced Clarifying Series
Natural Ingredients that are soothing giving you balanced, dewy, glowing and nourished skin. Powerful yet light and fresh for all skin types. Our products are formulated in the USA in an FDA certified facility Only natural premium ingredients are used. We are Cruelty Free, never tested on animals.
- Advanced Exfoliating Cleanser
- Advanced Clarifying Toner
- Microdermabrasion Skin Polish
- Blemish Clearing Solution
ADVANCED EXFOLIATING CLEANSER
Perfect ILLUMINATING BEAUTY Professional Grade Multi-Tasking exfoliating and skin renewing scrub contains powerful anti-bacterial acne fighters and anti-aging skin resurfacing essential oil complex that is unmatched. It’s a formulation of high grade ingredients that clears out your pores, reduces future sebum build up and accelerates your natural cell turnover to reveal brighter, smoother skin faster
ADVANCED CLARIFYING TONER
Suitable for all skin tones and skin types
STOP HIDING YOUR TRUE BEAUTY!
OIL CONTROL + REFRESHES AND HYDRATES – Helps restore your natural pH levels. Our Balancing facial toner is made up of a natural blend of ingredients that work synergistically to combat and eliminate excess oil. Controlling your skin’s oil production is essential for you to have clear smooth healthy skin. It’s made from the purest form of natural ingredients which are bio compatible for your skin. They do not contain any GMO’s, petrochemicals, sulfates or synthetic dyes. Start Toning today! Order yours here!
MICRODERM SCRUB & POLISH
has a blend of ingredients that are pharmaceutical grade. Including micro crystals for gently removing dead dull skin and texture enhancing nutrient rich elements for clearing up acne and refining wrinkles. It is so powerful you don’t need any other equipment.
- Works on Pores, Pits & Pimples
- Works on Blemishes
- Improves Skin Texture
- Improves Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Instantly Improves Skin Texture
- Brightens Skin
- Increase Skin Turnover
- Corrects Skin Imperfections
- Reduces Dark Spots
- Melasma & Hyperpigmentation
Order yours right now! You’re going to be glad you did. We are a cruelty free skin care loving company!
BLEMISH CLEARING SOLUTION
Enhanced with Clove Oil, White Willow Orange Peel, Aloe Vera Extract
- Professional Grade Treatment for Problem Skin
- Shrinks Pores
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Blemish Spot Reduction
- Clears Bacteria That Causes Blackheads, Whiteheads & Acne
- Smoots Skin
- Revitalize Complexion and Brightens Skin
- Reduces Dullness, Wrinkles & Fine Lines
- Advanced Repair & Restructure of Skin Appearance
Professional Treatment of Problem Skin for Your Skin Today! PROFESSIONAL, NATURAL and BIO-AVAILABLE Usability With NO Fillers!
Deep repairing treatment that works on blemishes while keeping your skin hydrated.
Infuses skin with healthy cell renewing professional grade elements
Clears, Moisturizes and brightens skin removing dull appearance without drying it out
Suggested Use: Apply to skin wherever troubled areas crop up. Gentle enough for twice daily use.
Suitable for all skin tones and skin types